Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've lost my faith in Darwinism

Survival of the fittest, my ass!
Modern civilised society has made it impossible for natural selection to actually do its job. I’m not just talking about making old people live longer and catering to the “needs’ of the feeble. I’m talking about the over-population of “stup-manity” because snapping the neck of the guy in line ahead of me at the gas station who walked in just to not make up his mind for twenty freaking minutes about what scratch lottery ticket he wants to blow two dollars on… snapping his neck and feeding him into a wood chipper would be considered rude and now we’re up to here with stupid people, stumbling around, cluttering up the place being, being stupid.
I mean, natural selection, survival of the fittest, we should just be allowed to kill anyone who demonstrates extreme stupidity on three separate occasions. See, I’m not just being ruthless. Everyone can be stupid once by accident. It’s bound to happen. But I’m saying if someone shows a pattern of stupidity, a consistent history of being a complete moron, then, ppttt, out of the game, thanks for playing, parting gifts are in the parking lot.
There is an occasional theme in spy novels and science fiction – it was big in the seventies, especially in comic books – for the villain, some mad scientist sociologist type, to have this big master plan for releasing some deadly virus or bombing ninety per cent of the world or just starting a lot of wars and hiding out with a bunch of chosen refugees. See, the idea was that the world population is too big, there’s too many people and Mr. Evil Villain’s plan would wipe out most of the people in the world and then start over with a much more… manageable ten million or something like that. But then James Bond or Superman or Bruce Willis du jour or whoever foils his plan and saves everyone in the world… even the stupid ones.
Gaahhhh!!
See, I think the villain’s got the right idea, but because we let all the stupid people inflict political correctness on us, it’s rude and insensitive for me to even talk about this stuff. Stupid people wandering around, getting in my way, all day, every day and I’m the bad guy!
I’ve lost my faith in Darwinism.

No comments:

Post a Comment